The weekend has arrived, and here’s a fitting Advent Activity:
Watch a Christmas Movie
What you’ll need:
A brilliant Christmas movie (my recommendations below)
OPTIONAL: Blankets or the Duvet
When the weather outside is frightful, don’t bother going out! Make yourself comfy and cosy, and snuggle up with a feelgood movie. Here are the ones I watch every year (in no particular order):
- Elf This 2003 movie is silly fun. It’s PG rated, with a couple of more adult jokes, but I’d say it’s pretty family friendly overall!
- Miracle on 34th Street This is a classic! Richard Attenborough plays a wrongly accused Santa who needs to prove that he’s the real thing – and along the way he fulfils the Christmas wishes of a sceptical little girl.
Polar Express A young boy who has started to doubt Christmas is taken on a magical adventure on the Polar express.
- The Snowman What would happen if your snowman came to life? Watch this classic and wonder no more!
- Nativity! A primary teacher accidentally tells everyone that he’s getting Hollywood to come to their Nativity play. Follow the madness and mayhem as they prepare for the big show.
- Muppet Christmas Carol Last but not least, my very favourite. This is a charming version of the famous story, with the added bonus of all of your favourite Muppet characters and fabulous songs.