Good morning! Today is the day I decorate my house and put up my Christmas tree! For the first time in over 8 years, we’ve treated ourselves to a REAL TREE! That’s because this year we’ll be spending Christmas morning in our own house (for the first time ever!) I just love the pine smell and the extra special-ness of it.
So what’s on our to-do list today?
Do something kind
This is a bit of an abstract one. I can’t give you a list of ‘what you’ll need’ or a step by step method, but never-the-less, this is a time of year for spreading the love. So here are some really easy ideas:
- Give someone a compliment
Visit a lonely neighbour (or introduce yourself if you haven’t)
- Help with the household jobs (especially if you don’t usually do them – I’m looking at you children!)
- Donate a toy/ toys to charity (also a great way to make room for the new Christmas toys)
- Buy an extra present and donate it – there are usually lots of local appeals going on at this time of year, or take a look at the Salvation Army.
- Call someone that you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Send a letter to someone who is working hard this Christmas (firefighters/ police officers/ doctors/ nurses…)
- Buy an extra packet of rice in your shopping and donate it to a local food bank (more ideas for items they need HERE)
- Hold the door for someone
- Don’t complain – for the WHOLE DAY
Do you see where I’m going with this? Obviously there are tonnes of other kind things you can do, even volunteering your time for a local cause. I’m sure you can find something that will work with the amount of time/money that you can afford to give this Christmas.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!