What are you up to on this cold Saturday? Might I suggest:
Do a Christmas Puzzle
There are so many options out there of lovely themed Christmas jigsaws and puzzles. If you already have one, great! Pull it out, maybe pop on some relaxing music, and spend some time with you child(ren) working together. Puzzles are brilliant for problem solving, fine motor skills, co-ordination, concentration, and team work!
If you don’t already have a puzzle, here’s a super easy activity for you to try:
- Find some old Christmas cards (ones with a clear picture on the front are best, and the bigger the better!)
- Chop them into a few pieces (so that they become like a jigsaw puzzle) – if you’re chopping more than 1 card, it might be helpful to number the pieces on the reverse of the picture, for example all pieces from card 1 have a number 1 on them.
- Hide the pieces around the house or garden.
- OPTIONAL: Split your children into teams and make this a competitive game.
- GO!! Hunt around the house to find the pieces and complete your mini puzzles.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend in whatever you are up to!