It’s Friday! The weekend is almost here! What will you be doing? Well here’s one idea:
Make and send some home-made Christmas Cards
There are so many lovely ideas for making your own Christmas cards. Here are 2 really simple and completely lovely ones:
1.Hand Print Angels
What you’ll need:
A paint brush
Glue (PVA or glue-stick)
Cream// yellow/ shiny paper (cut into a triangle)
A circle of skin coloured/ white paper
Glitter – gold or silver (if desired)
- Fold your card in half to make a Christmas card shape.
- Paint both of your child’s hands using the white paint, and press them down onto the card – thumbs together and facing upwards. It should look like 2 Angel wings.
- Sprinkle a little glitter over the wet paint if you fancy a bit of extra sparkle.
- Stick the triangle into the middle of the handprints, with the point at the top. This is to be the Angel’s dress.
- Allow your child to draw a face onto the circle of paper, before sticking it at the top of the triangle.
- Once the paint and glue are dried, write inside your card!
2.Potato print baubles
What you will need:
A variety of differently sized potatoes
A sharp knife (obviously only to be used by an adult)
Some brightly coloured poster paints
A paint brush
Glitter (if desired)
Black felt tip
- Fold your card in half to create a Christmas card shape.
- Cut your potatoes in half – leaving a flat, round(ish) surface for printing.
- OPTIONAL: carve out some details onto the flat side of the potato – stripes/spots/etc
- Spread some of the paint onto the flat side of the potato, and press it down onto the card.
- When you lift off the potato you should see the print left on the card. Sprinkle a little glitter over the wet paint if you’d like to add some sparkle!
- Continue with this method until you have as many bauble shapes as you’d like on your card.
- Experiment with adding paints of different colours onto the same potato for interesting patterns and designs.
- Use your black felt tip to draw a small square at the top of the bauble shape and the loop for hanging.
- Once the paint is completely dried, write inside your card.
I’m sure friends and family will love these home-made designs! Enjoy!