Oh my word, can it be true? December is here again!! I’ve posted before with some ideas for festive fun, but this year I’ve decided to give you an idea each day until the big day!
1st December – Make Paper Chains
Whether you’re putting up your Christmas tree today, or waiting until nearer the 25th, paper chains are great fun, and so simple! They’ll add a touch of home-made festive cheer to your home/ nursery/ setting.
What you’ll need:
- Different colours of sugar paper/ metallic paper/ shiny paper…or you could use old sheets of wrapping paper!
- A pair of scissors
- Some sticky tape
How to do it:
- Cut your paper into strips (if you’re using A4 paper, cut it long-ways as this gives you a nice long strip to curl into a loop. Rememember not to make it too thin!),
- Bend your first strip around into a loop and secure it with tape,
- Feed the next strip through the first before bending it into a loop and sticking in (you should see it begin to look like the links of a chain),
- Continue adding loops until your paper chain is as long as you want it (or until you run out of paper… or tape!)
If your child is a bit older, you could add some special messages to your strips of paper. You could write things that you are grateful for, or add the names of family members to each strip. I’m sure you have tonnes more ideas!
Wishing you a wonderful festive period in whatever you’re doing this year!